You can, surprisingly enough, have too many.
I bought this fabric on Goldhawk road a while ago. It had flowers, was pink (I’ve come to realise to my horror that this might be my favourite colour) i.e. what wasn’t to like? But when it came to making something, I was torn. I finally decided to make another Archer in an attempt to concur the über feminine fabric by making something masculine and practical. I’m not sure if it worked however.
I’ve tried styling it in a few different ways to make it less OTT – what do you think works?
What do you think? Also, I haven’t added any pockets yet – yay or nay to these?
Finally – I want to point out that these photo’s are very heavily cropped. What’s not visible thanks to Photoshop are boxes. Dozens of boxes. The flat is complete chaos as we attempt to pack up 10 years of London life for our move to Denmark next week.
Tomorrow we’re off to Wales for a few days of well-deserved holiday (it looks like it’s going to rain pretty much the whole time so I need book recommendations!), which means that I won’t be sewing again until we are in Dane-land. My beloved Janome is now boxed up, along with everything else sewing related. I feel little bit lost if I’m honest.
I’ll be posting some photo’s of Dan’s Jedediah shorts next week before we move. I just need to convince him/nail him to a wall to let me take photo’s. Wish me luck!
- Pattern: Grainline’s Archer shirt pattern – in my stash
- Main fabric: £4/m from Goldhawk road – £8
- Buttons, thread etc: £3