Some headless photo’s of me wearing my latest creation. Simple reason for not showing my face – I got home from work and realised I had black whiteboard marker all over it. Love Mondays.
The Polly top is a free pattern from the very sassy ladies over at By Hand London. Am still plucking up the courage to make one of their Anna dresses. Fell a little bit in love with it after I saw Sallieoh’s.
This is a much more simple affair. You get some practise in sewing rounded corners, and experience combining two different types of fabric (if you so choose). The pink fabric is a rather thin and soft cotton which was a bit tricky to sew with. I ended up reinforcing the shoulder seam with a strip of fabric so that it won’t loose shape or rip over time. Was tempted to use slightly sturdier bias tape for the neckline as well, but decided against it for the very reason that I didn’t have any.
I’m a bit of a pessimist when it comes to my measurements, so I made a UK size 14, when I easily could have made a size 12, so I had to take in the sides a bit. Although I guess it would have been worse if I made it too small.
Am pretty happy with the result! Think it will look nice with my Madeleine skirt.
Next up is another Grainline Archer. I made one quite a while ago, but unfortunately I don’t have any photo’s of it yet. Definitely my biggest achievement so far! Am planning to make a white cotton one, and potentially experiment a bit with embroidery. It has the potential of looking pretty awful, so there will be quite a bit of practising beforehand…
By the way, a stack of books, the tiniest tripod you’ll have ever seen and some very basic Photoshoping means no more bathroom selfies for you…